Sunday, August 11, 2013

Vellum for a Birthday

Click HERE for my DeNami Blog Hop Post.

I always look forward to the Monday PTI videos & this week's card by Ashley totally appealed to me. Off I went to see what small images I could find in my PTI sets to use for a randomly stamped background.  Turns out there are dots of various sizes in several of my sets, but I decided to use 3 different images to make my background. The 3 little dots are from Harvest Berries & all the other images are from Quilled Elegance.  I have a few PTI inks & chose Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist & Simply Chartreuse to stamp on white cardstock.  It's been a long time since I made a card with an entire top panel of vellum--don't know why as I love that look, especially with white embossing.  I ran it through my Xyron machine & attached it to the background.  Fortunately I have one card of My Mind's Eye assorted buttons with one the right size & color. It doesn't always happen, but this time my finished card is just what I wanted--yah! Since I used 3 embellishments (floss, button, pearls) this is my entry for Passion for Papertrey. I'm also adding it to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Hope you had a great weekend.  Thanks for taking time to stop by.

23 comments:

  1. Greta, the embossing on the velum is gorgeous!! What an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embossing really makes this card look superb! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful take on Ashley's card, Greta! So soft and delicate looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Greta
    This looks amazing, you have stamped the perfect images on the Vellum, and the White embossing just lifts the card to another level.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful card Greta. Love all the little bits and pieces that make up the background and the embossing really makes it even more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh..this is totally stunning! I love everything about this card, Greta!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh...I love the embossing on the vellum. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card - great use of vellum!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty, Greta! Love the white-on-white embossing and the pretty little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...how gorgeous, greta!! love the vellum panel placed on top of the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Greta, very feminine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love vellum and don't often remember to use it!! Love this happy birthday card. Good luck in the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this would be a lovely card to receive, love your background and the added vellum. smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could NOT pass this post without commenting Greta. This card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous...wonderfully executes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet and elegant card. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely card!!!Very sweet and pretty!!!Have a Blessed week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is it about Vellum that always makes card look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful elegant, stunning!! You've given me such inspiration for using vellum...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Greta! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely lovely, Greta! That button couldn't be a more perfect match - love the little bow, and especially the softness of the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet, feminine background with those tiny flowers and dots! And the embossed vellum is so elegant! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.