Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Spring

One of my first attempts at the velveteen technique for this month's Hero Arts challenge.  Decided to go ahead & make it into a card even though the effect is more obvious using an image with thicker lines than the HA Flourish Background I used here.  However, I really liked the HA Silhouette Vines stamped over it using my neglected Kaleidacolor rainbow inkpad called Calypso.  The butterfly is stamped again, cut out & glued over the base image with the wings curled up & Stickles put on the edges & the body.  The greeting is by Stampendous!  The panel is mounted w foam tape allowing the punched border (MS) to extend beyond the edge of the card.  I'm also entering PaperCrafts March Gallery Challenge "here" since the theme is rainbows.
Don't miss the HA "10,000 Likes" giveaway "here" .  The prize is fantastic!
Thanks for stopping by & leaving me your thoughts.  I always enjoy reading them!

9 comments:

  1. Greta the variation in colors is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how you inked it like that! :> Soooooo pretty and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Greta! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Greta! Just your usual gorgeous card. I love the gradient coloration on the delicate flowers. So elegant.

    AND I wanted you to know that you have been given the Leibster Award-by me! If you are unfamiliar with it, please check out the details on my blog post for today, March 30. You will also find a link to your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try that technique. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Greta
    This is a wonderful happy and bright card and certainly does represent Springtime, I think your zig-zag border is a pretty addition.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely spring card, greta!! love the vibrant colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rainbow card, Greta! Love your colour choice too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.