Friday, August 31, 2012

Seasons Changing

Can't you just feel Fall around the corner (if you live in my part of the world, that is!)?  We still have warm sunny days, but the breeze & evenings are cooler & damper.  Almost time to store the boat for the winter, which is always sad, but then again, I love Fall.  Today is the last day to enter Flourishes 5th Birthday challenges & here's my 4th card--yah, made it!  My other 3 cards all have "sprinkles", but here's the one for this challenge.  With Fall on the brain, I decided to use one of my favorite sets, Wreaths of all Seasons.  I had never inked the sunflower stamp & knew I wanted to use some of my tiny beads (have had many packages of them for years, hardly used!)--these flower centers would be perfect, I thought.  Usually I emboss an image when I'm going to color it, but I wanted a softer look, so just stamped the wreath & the sentiment from Life Lines using VersaFine Vintage Sepia on cream cardstock.  I colored with Distress Marker wild honey, Memento markers Bamboo Leaves & New Sprout.  Then Memento Toffee Crunch was sponged in the flower centers.  I used the Flourishes Tailor-Made Die Keyhole Label & sponged the edges with Distress Ink antique linen.  I saved this little piece of twine from a tag on clothing (can you imagine how many people just threw it out?!) & it was just the right size.  The button was threaded with yellow floss & tied on.  Glossy Accents works great for attaching the tiny beads & I just love the look!  Maybe I'll use them more, now.  Spellbinder's Labels 14 was embossed with a Sizzix folder & used for the card base.  I mounted the wreath die with foam tape.  Amazing how much better pictures come out in day light.  Hope you've had a good week & get to do something fun this weekend.  Love having you stop by & leave a comment.


5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card Greta, it has a soft earthy feel, perfect for the fall.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. another gorgeous shaped card, greta! you are working magic with the spellbinders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those tiny beads are just so pretty on the wreath! What a pretty design Greta! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this card makes me long for fall! Beautiful, Greta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.