Thursday, October 25, 2012

Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge


Blog-hop-logo
As soon as I saw this month's PTI Blog Hop Challenge to make a holiday card in non-traditional colors, I knew I wanted to join in.  I also loved Erin's MIM video this week using negative & positive die cuts.  I was able to combine both challenges with today's card.  I'm ashamed to say this is the first time I inked up my Lovely Layers stamp set--don't ask me why!  Boy, do I love it!  I think with a little imagination the images can be beautiful, modern snowflakes.  Here's the color combo I chose (you don't have to use all the colors.)  
Color-group-1I don't have PTI inks & couldn't come close enough with the ones I own, so instead I used Studio G chalks after stamping the die cut images in VersaMark.  To get some holiday sparkle, the colored images were sprayed with Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz Frost.  The layers are attached only in the center using foam tape & are gently bent up.  Just in case it isn't obvious these are snowflakes, I added tiny snowflake buttons & a gem.  The negative of the larger die is used for the background piece glued to the card front.  For the sentiment I used Sticko alphabet stickers on a white circle mounted to a circle made blue using the same chalk.  It's so gratifying to really like something you've created & that is the case today.  I hope you like it, too!  Enjoy all the inspiration in the hop & thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment.

If you have time, check out Annie's blog.  You might want to be a follower & enter her 1 yr anniversary giveaway (see my sidebar).

23 comments:

  1. What a bright and happy card! Great take on the MiM too.

    Cecilie
    www.ancema.dk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fun! Love your geometric design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your imaginative use of the stamps and dies, the color challenge you chose, the glimmer, how you laid out your cuts (positive and negative!) and the tiny snowflake buttons! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design is great!!! Fun Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo…. pretty Greta! The shimmer and snowflake are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout. I love the shimmer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card. The shimmer adds so much against the matte background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card makes a beautiful statement. Love how you positioned each element.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your design Greta! So creative and festive too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta, I love these colors ad your design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta, this is BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous design! Love the colors and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Greta! Lovin' all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great use of your positive and negative die cuts Greta. The colours are gorgeous and the card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful design and the colours are perfect, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Greta...this is gorgeous! I love how you "made do" when you didn't have the exact supplies at home. Sometimes I think that is when the most beautiful cards are made....like your's right here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card! I love the layered look of Lovely Layers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautifully executed use of Lovely Layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card with a beautiful shimmer to it! Like the tiny snowflakes in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greta this has such wonderful dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.