Friday, November 9, 2012

Just a Note

Made a simple card for Flourishes challenge to use a Flourishes silhouette image. I don't have any silhouette stamps, per se, but I thought the solid butterfly from Fanciful Flourishes might qualify.  The Distress Inks I used are peacock feathers, shaded lilac & dusty concord.  The background stamp is Penny Black's music background & the sentiment is from Flourishes Taglines.  I had never used my Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle & I do like it.  The layers are all popped up for dimension, but I didn't capture that in the photo.   Thanks for all your thoughts & kind words.  I appreciate it so much.  Enjoy your weekend & if you have time come back on Sunday to see my card for the DeNami Thoughtful Thank Yous blog hop.
I've also entered Our Creative Corner's challenge to make your own background, since Sue pointed out this would qualify.

13 comments:

  1. Hello Greta.
    Absolutely stunning Bg, love the mix of colours you have used it really is eye catching.
    OCC Challenge this week is make your own Bg, why not enter it?
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, these colors are so beautiful! Love the combination of the butterflies and music! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greta, your card is gorgeous--love the mix of colors and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous color combo! I love the rounded corners and pearl details! Well done, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These butterflies are very pretty floating across the scalloped die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous colours Greta. Great idea to use the solid butterfly for your silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Greta. Your background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Greta! Love your bg colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really beautiful Greta...this background is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so pretty, greta! great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you joined the challenge even though you don't own the FLLC Silhouette images. This is gorgeous and I love how you created the background! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These butterflies are sensational. The mixture of colors give them so much movement. You've done a wonderful job on creating this background. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card. I really like the background, the colors.
    Thanks for joining us at OCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.