Sunday, November 11, 2012

Winter White

Just scroll down if you're looking for my DeNami Blog Hop post.  It's been awhile since I got a card entered for ODBDSLC.  I love all white cards--photographing them, however, is another story!  Anyway, I took this opportunity to use my newest ODBD stamp set--Bird & Butterfly Labels--which coordinates with Spellbinders Labels 18.  I white embossed the image & embossed the outer edge of the die.  Then I spritzed it with my favorite shimmer product--Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz Frost.  Unfortunately, you can't see it in the photo.  The stamped piece is mounted with foam tape to the next size up vellum die cut.  The 3 flags are a variety of white cardstocks cut with MFT dies.  I used to think you couldn't combine shades of white until I saw an actress in a movie a few years ago wearing a white blouse & an off-white sweater & I loved the look.  (At least my creative side is open to new ideas as I get older--LOL!)  The sentiment is from ODBD Sweet William set & is stamped in VersaFine Smokey Gray.  Thanks for coming by.  

9 comments:

  1. beautiful card, greta!! so glad you were able to make something for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta this is just a real beauty. I love all the white purity of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white on white and the banners! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vellum label behind the stamped one looks so great, Greta!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello Greta,
    It is Pure and Clean, and a feast for the eyes, the white embossed image is stunning.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Greta. I love the way you used all the white shades, and the Birds and Butterflies Labels are one of my favorite stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What elegance Greta. This is is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure elegant, Greta! Love all the whites together with the vellum which give a soft look to the whole!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta this design is wonderful with the layers of white! Very stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.