Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hubby's Christmas Card


I always end up making hubby's card at the last minute.  I'm still trying to get all the cards I've made signed & sent, but last night I took a break.  As soon as I saw the Impression Obsession Cabin stamp, I knew I had to buy it.  Our dream is a cabin in the forest & I knew this would be the perfect image to use on cards I make for Steve.  I began by stamping Screen Cover-a-Card in VersaMark Dazzle frost on brown cardstock.  Then I stamped Crochet Snowflake 2 using Vintage Cream in 2 corners.  The cabin is stamped in VersaMark & embossed in Zing! Chestnut ep & trimmed out.  I used spray adhesive to cover the entire image in Art Institute Angel Dust glitter & used the same brown cardstock for a small mat.  The sentiment is embossed with the same powder, trimmed into a tag & edged with the glitter using a glue stick.  I twisted some hemp & attached it to the background before adding the cabin & sentiment using foam tape.  The finishing touch for a little color is provided by the 3 green buttons.  I love how this turned out--always a plus when you're making lots of cards!  I'm entering the Celebrating the Holidays challenge as all stamps are by Impression Obsession: Cabin, cling--H1830, Crochet Snowflake 2, cling--E13064, Screen Cover-a-Card--CC049, Christmas Magic--B3585.  Thanks to Lai-Yoke I just discovered Stamping Sensations Blog, so I'm also entering this card into their December challenge.   I so appreciate your taking time to come by.  Wishing you peace & joy at this holiday season.

17 comments:

  1. Perfect card for your DH, Greta! Love how your cabin with covered with zing and looks so sparkly on the darker bg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really warm and beautiful card, Greta! I know he will love it! I really like what you did with the snowflake for the BG and the layout is wonderful! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card for your husband Greta. I love the sparkles and snowflakes as well as the rustic cabin. We would love a cabin in the woods too. (Only it has to be on a good swimming lake)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness... what a gorgeous masculine card, greta!! your hubby is going to absolutely LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, Greta, this pure BEAUTY! I absolutely love it, & I think it's one of my favorites you've made. Every detail is just perfect. Looks like a cabin I would enjoy walking into, and staying a while. Your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card! This is a great stamp (which I don't have, yet!). Thank you for describing what you did, I learned a few new tricks! Love the screen stamp for the background, I have this one but I never thought of using it that way. And I love your snowflake stamping at the corners. Great design. Thank you for sharing!

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Greta! This is gorgeous. I love that only 3 colors are used and I love that you "glittered" the panel.....just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, Greta! I love the shine/glitter and the extra steps that you took to achieve this beautiful effect! It is made with such LOVE and CARE! Your hubby is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my dear Greta,
    oh my.. I love to found you here in the blog land, since I am not active in flickr :)
    and how great that I can enjoy your stunning design again..

    miss you!
    Yulis

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card, perfect for a man ! Great idea to use spray adhesive to glitter the whole panel. Glad you explained how you used the screen CAC for the background, as I assumed it must be textured cardstock !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Christmas card Greta and the spray finish you have given it looks wonderful.

    Thanks so much sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so elegant Greta. Your hubby is going to love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A magically masculine design Greta. The glitter has a beautiful snowy effect and I love how you tied the theme of the card into the dream that you and your husband have. So much meaning and creativity in this design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure he will love it Greta, its gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect card for a man, Greta! Just the right amount of sparkle! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.