Sunday, December 2, 2012

Second Try

Decided my first card for PDCC splash challenge (black & white with maroon) didn't come close enough to the maroon in the inspiration photo, so I made another card.  I used another Fancy Label from the ODBD set stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  This time I sprayed the chipboard ornament with Tattered Angels Black Cherry.  The sentiment is a Stampendous! wood mounted stamp I really like.  The dies are Spellbinders Labels 17 & Parisian Motifs along with MFT rolled roses die cut from felt.  All the layers are mounted with foam tape & pearls seemed like the best choice for embellishing.  We've had a very wet weekend which was good for getting the house decorated (except for the tree) & making cards!  Wishing all of you a great week & I do really appreciate your stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Greta.
    Once again you have made a beautiful card with extra elements.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible Greta. A beautiful card. I love those ODBD frame stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another inspiring card Greta! The mix of soft flowers, die cut elements and a pearly embellishment add up to a WOW of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Christmas card! Love the maroon ornament! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Christmas card, Greta! Love the maroon ornament with the added pearls which make it looks elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is GORGEOUS!! I love your composition here! The arrangement of the elements are in perfect balance! Awesome take on the colors, Greta! And....about the alcohol inks,I'd LOVE to play them with you. Since I can't, you just start with making your own background and then stamp on them...and see where that takes you...hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Greta I really love the colour combo here. very clean and pretty. keep up the great work.
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.