Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

He is not here, but is risen. Luke 24:6

Wishing you & yours a blessed Easter.  This is my Sunday to work, so just a quick post with my PTI MIM card.  What a gorgeous technique Betsy showed in the video--check it out if you haven't yet.  Some of you know I seldom color images, so this is perfect for me--plus I love the look of water-color & heat embossing.  I used the PTI Quilled Elegance set along with Turning a New Leaf for the background.  My inks are Memento Teal Zeal, Pistachio & Elderberry.  I don't have reinkers, so I just applied ink from the pads to an acrylic block & spritzed with water.  I stamped multiple images, not sure any looked good.  I let them dry over night & the next day did the white embossing & voila!...each was a little different but they all are so pretty.  It seems you can't really mess up the water colored images--don't worry if they look kind of funny because everything changes with the embossing.  I traced the Spellbinders oval & hand cut the bottom of my card.  The images are shaped a bit with my fingers so the centers are raised.  None of my ribbons (I have more than I can count--LOL!) were the right shade of teal, but then I noticed my bag of fibers a friend gave me years ago & this one was just the shade I needed.  I will definitely be using this technique over & over.  Hope you like it. ETA:  I'm entering this card in the Moxie Fab World Wonder of Watercolor Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Greta. Love the colours and soft stamping too! :) Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you, Greta! What a perfect scripture for today.
    You've used Betsy's technique so beautifully!
    The scallops add the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy Easter, greta!! your card is gorgeous!! great take on the MIM technique... I really wanted to give it a try, but not sure it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creations, Greta!! Happy Easter to you AND congrats on winning the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty card, Greta and that technique looks so nice. Ditto to V's comment - ENJOY your new stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Greta, I love the background, and the technique you used on the eggs makes the embossing look 3D. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Greta! I just love the way you've shaped the bottom of the card with the pretty watercolored/embossed ovals. I know what you mean about ribbon colors. I have a nice selection, but never seem to have the right one LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter Greta. this is an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Love the gorgeous colors and great shape. Thank you for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful technique beautifully applied. The colors are so soothing and the pearls are the perfect extra touch. Great job, Greta! I just cruised through more of your blog posts and saw SO many projects that made me stop and take in each elegant detail. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous! The water color technique really does produce stunning results! Your card design is so unique and just seems so 'right' for this technique. Love the pearls and the blue fibre ribbon.

    How sweet of you to take the time to drop me a congrats on my CASology card - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, gorgeous card, Greta! The technique came out beautifully - I watched the MIM video and really want to give this a try also. Love the addition of the bow and pearls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a work of art! The white embossing offset with the inking...and the shadowy silhouette stamping up top...perfect take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Greta! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.