Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Colors & More Glitter!

I do love glitter & have many bottles of the stuff, not to mention a large Stickles collection.  I ran 3 die cut borders through my Xyron machine at the time I made the last card, so decided to glitter up another one & use the colors from PDCC171--tangerine, apricot, mint--perfect for an Easter card.  I inked PTI Rosie Posie with ColorBox Tangerine & Apricot and VersaMagic Aquatic Splash.  The image is die cut with Spellbinders Labels 10 & is sponged with Apricot ink before the die is removed.  I stamped the flower center a second time & die cut it with a LifeStyle Crafts circle, added prisma glitter & popped it up.  The stem & leaves are highlighted with a Gelly Roll pen.  The embossed background is by Cuttlebug.  I used the Tim Holtz foam pad applicator to ink it lightly with Aquatic Splash--love the effect!  The Spellbinders scalloped border has the same prisma glitter & is attached to the background along with a strip of apricot ribbon.  I just didn't like the look of adding a sentiment, so that will be on the inside.  There's still a few hours left, so this will be my second PTI MIM entry & I know I'll be making more cards with glitter borders!  Since I've used green on my card, I'm also linking it up to Die Cut Diva's challenge this month where Hero Arts is sponsoring the prize--check it out!  Hope you've had a lovely weekend--we had sunshine & blue skies--looked a lot warmer than it was, but still made me think Spring is around the corner.  Don't forget--there's a week left to enter my Blogiversary challenge if you're game.  Thanks for your encouragement & kindness--always look forward to reading what you think.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is a gorgeous card! I love the colors and the glitter really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another glittery beauty! Great spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome Greta. So much gorgeous glitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta, this is stunning! Your card absolutely sparkles in this glorious color combo. I think you definitely nailed every challenge with this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to love about this card?! I love that the die hangs over the top, the glitter really is awesome and makes the card, the colors are gorgeous, and I think you were wise to put the sentiment on the inside because the design is just perfect without one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful spring card and great take on the colour challenge, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty design Greta, love the flower and your take on the challenge, beautifully done. Good Luck:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another beautiful take on the MIM challenge, greta! love how you used the pdcc colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love how you used the PDCC colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, "Spring" card, Greta! You've captured the colors from the Play Date challenge beautifully: the coral and aqua are a winning combination, while the glitter adds that 'special' touch. Yes indeed, this card has brightened my day, widened my smile and uplifted my spirits! So happy to have found your site!! Have an excellent Tuesday (and your Keesha - so sweet! As I mentioned in a previous post, I had two schnauzers years ago. I hope that one of these days, another comes into my life. Best doggies ever!!)
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Greta! I love the color combo and the glitter really makes it sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous color combination! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The details are gorgeous on your card, the glitter center is perfect! So glad to see you at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful spring card, love the touches of glitter! Thank you for joining us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card - love the touches of glitter with those gorgeous colors.

    Thank you for playing with us at Die Cut Divas' challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely I really like the soft subtle colors with a sparkle!
    Thanks for playing along on the DCD blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the soft glittery"ness" of this gorgeous card. Such a stunning card. Thank you for playing along at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.