Sunday, May 12, 2013

Embossed Felt

I missed most of the challenges I intended to enter this past week, but just had time after work & dinner to make a card for PTI MIM.  The challenge is to use an embossing plate/folder on something other than paper.  I first tried it on cork & it worked, but didn't show up.  Next I decided to see what would happen with felt.  Sure enough--it worked great!  I've committed to SCS CCC to make 1 Christmas card each month, so this will be for May.  I thought this PTI sentiment from Snowflake Flurries was just right to go with a card containing felt.  The embossing folder is Cuttlebug & I got it after Christmas last year so had never used it.  I've also been hoarding the holly leaf trim & it's fun to finally use some.  I smeared on a bit of Stickles for a little sparkle.  Thanks for your sweet comments.  I feel so lucky to be in your circle of blogging friends.

11 comments:

  1. FAB Greta, embossing felt, what a cool idea, it looks fab, I have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Greta. Does the felt hold it's shape? I've never embossed felt before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Greta
    Oh Goodness, Christmas cards already, I don't want to think about them yet!!!
    You are extending yourself wonderfully, and using different media will open up your mind to many other areas where you have not ventured. The reaction to the Red has a physiological effect to the onlooker, it is indelibly imprinted on the mind and is dynamic. The embossing adds great texture, so you want to touch it as well.
    This is a great card Greta.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a striking design, Greta! Love the look of the embossed felt! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to try this technique on felt Greta! Pretty card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this new discovery, Greta! I have never embossed on a felt before and will definitely give it a try! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the embossed felt (so wishing I had thought of it!!). fantastic Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't used felt in so long!! What a gorgeous design!! Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an AWESOME Look!! I can honestly say I wouldn't have tried to emboss felt, but I LOVE the look and might have to give this a try!! THANKS for sharig and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never thought of embossing on felt. What a wonderful idea! It reminds me of a fancy knit sweater! Perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.