Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Life Is Beauty

Today I'm honored to bring you my second ODBD September GD card.  I used the beautiful set called Iris. As you may know, coloring is not one of my talents.  I do love the look of water color & it doesn't have to be done precisely to achieve a nice effect.  I heat embossed the flower on water color paper & then dampened the flower going a bit outside the lines. Next I dabbed on a bit of Distress Ink, blended with more water & added more color for shading after it was dry. My colors are dusty concord & peeled paint.  The edges were sponged with antique linen after being lightly distressed. The sentiment is done the same way with a soft wash of the green.  I added splotches of Distress Stain tarnished brass with my water brush. My blogging friend, Joy, gave me the beautiful Graphic 45 paper pad called Secret Garden. The panel edges were sponged with antique linen & another of the papers was die cut with ODBD Beautiful Borders die.  I used a strip of cream satin ribbon between the 2 die cuts & then mounted the flower & sentiment with foam tape. Pearls are probably my favorite embellishment & couldn't resist adding some of these soft gold ones. Hope you've enjoyed seeing my card & that you'll check out the wonderful products at ODBD.  
I'm entering the printed paper challenge at Virginia's View. Thanks for visiting my blog.




25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so soft and lovely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Greta, you would never know you aren't comfortable with watercoloring! This is gorgeous, and I love the watery feel and beautiful colors!! Stunning papers with a wonderful border and ribbon treatment and the pretty gold pearls...lovely finishing touches!! Hugs, sweet friend, and I can't wait to see what's for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card. I love the iris and you did a wonderful job with the watercolor. That was a nice way to soften this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!!Love your coloring,just AWESOME!!!!Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beatiful! Love the pretty watercolured iris. Watercolour is so popular now. It has such a timeless look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Greta! It is SO LOVELY! ;) Your water coloring is WONDERFUL! You are better than you think at "coloring!" LOL JUST LOVELY!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card dear Greta!
    YOu are totally mastering this technique!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful.love that watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your watercolour skill is to perfection, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you watercolored the iris, greta... it just really pops against the background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring on this looks fabulous and I love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta this is stunning!! I like the text print background paper. The double border really sets your beautifully colored iris off nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how wonderful, love everything about your card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, that water-colored iris is simply beautiful, Greta!
    Love the design! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's just absolutely gorgeous, Greta. STUNNING! I love the iris panel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you were able to use the paper, Greta! This is such a pretty card. Good luck in the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love the vintage feel of your design, Greta! Superb use of pattern paper and image! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Pattern Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful...I love the look you created with those fabulous colors, reminds me of greeting cards from the 30's and 40's, so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most excellent artwork Greta! Just love the w/c effect on the iris and sentiment paired with the script paper! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning artistry, Greta, with an iris that is water-coloured to perfection! Love that you let the water 'flow' outside the lines, creating such an eye-catching 'shadow' of lighter colour. That's one of my issues with water-colour - I like to be in control of the water...and perhaps I need to lessen the grip on that! Yet again, you've dived into that abundant creativity of yours, creating a card that truly dazzles and delights!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. simply gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful watercolored iris on an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.