Saturday, February 14, 2015

Celebrate in Style & Hello Friend

Happy Valentine's Day!  Time is running out, so luckily I was able to combine 2 of the PTI Anniversary Challenges: Uninked Stamp (NBUS to most of us thanks to Darnell) & Metallics. There's a 25th anniversary in the family this year, so I chose silver for my metallic.  I totally fell in love with the 1920s at last year's SAF & didn't hesitate to buy the set released individually which includes that wonderful die, which is being used for the first time here.  The glitter is Elizabeth Craft silver which is the kind you burnish to a a rich, smooth sparkle--unlike any other glitter.  I added Stampendous! silver stickers--love the look! A long time ago I bought the Background Basics: Medallions, but had never used it & the image is perfect for tone on tone with heat embossing--something I saw at a stamp convention many years ago.  
The sentiment from the SAF 1920s set is black embossed.  I attached the panel to a white card rather than black to keep it more festive. After all, a silver anniversary is a big thing!  
Edited to Add:  Finished one last card for the PTI Anniversary Challenges.  
This one is to use flowers from at least 2 different stamp sets.  I used Tag-it's #3 & Floral Foliage stamping with Sweet Blush & Berry Sorbet. Background Basics: Geometrics is stamped in Hero Arts Wet Cement on the card front & I edged the stamped panel with it. The tag & sentiment are from Tiny Tags.  
Thanks so much for taking time to check my blog.

12 comments:

  1. fabulous Greta. A simple beautiful elegant card. Perfect sentiment for the reason

    ReplyDelete
  2. So classy and so pretty! Love the silver metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first one is just so elegant, greta!! and the second just shouts "spring"!! beautifully done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shimmer of the silver...oh so classy! The flower wreath is a perfect Hello card...oh so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that elegant mettallic card, great design. And, your sweet flowered card has such lovely colors. Wonderful cards my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous 25th anniversary card...so elegant and pretty! And, your second card is just lovely with all the pink flowers and ribbon! Have a great week, hugs!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta...your 25th anniversary card is so stunning and so beautiful. What a fabulous card to use to celebrate such a special occasion. Your second card with that pretty wreath made from just adorable little posies, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my goodness, Greta, both cards are simply gorgeous!
    I love them! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely! I love the tiny little tag with soft pink flowers on your second card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment for the anniversary card - and all that silver! And the floral wreath is simply lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.