Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Blue Christmas

I like all kinds of color combos for Christmas cards & I love poinsettias, including this beautiful image (H8301) by Impression Obsession.  Decided to use it for the new challenge, Feeling Blue?
I began by heat embossing the full poinsettia & just the center on watercolor paper.  Then I colored the piece using the smooshing technique with Distress Inks chipped sapphire, faded jeans & weathered wood and fussy cut the images. I spritzed them with Glitter Dust, added silver beads to the center & mounted it to the full flower with foam tape.  
The card front was stamped in the same 3 inks using IO CAC spatter.  I turned the stamp each time before going to the next color & this is the result. Looks neat, I think. The IO sentiment (B8767) was stamped in chipped sapphire on a white strip attached to the front.  I lightly bent up the petals before attaching the poinsettia with foam tape. Finished off with some PPP Sparkling Clear sequins. I'd love to make these in several colors, except for the fussy cutting--haha!  I'm also entering for fun at Pixies Snippets Playground. We're having lovely Fall weather--great for walking Fritz.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
Edited to add: Just realized my card works for the Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers, so this will be my first time entering one of their challenges.

29 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Greta!! I love the special touch of the tiny beads as your poinsettia center. We've had a couple of gorgeous days too. Penelope and I have enjoyed long walks...no lost socks though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. Love the dimensional flower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Greta - this is a fabulous card, wonderful background and the poinsettia is amazing. LOVE the blues!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous in blues! Love those spatters on the background almost like inverse snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oh my in blue......my jaw hit the floor. This is a handmagem. Gorgeous Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely Greta. I love the splattered background and that poinsettia is gorgeous.Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty in blue! Love the gorgeous poinsettia and the splattered background...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so in love with this card Greta. I love the blue poinsettia and the background is just topping. Hugs Mrs A. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully done, greta... the poinsettia is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The fussing was well worth it, the poinsettia is wonderful. Love your bg too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful in blue! Wonderful holiday card Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a stunner Greta. I can see this looking stunning in other colours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue poinsettia and splatter background is so creative. The fussy cutting was well worth the effort as this is a gorgeous and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Greta, this is striking & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly beautiful, your poinsettia was worth all the effort, and love the splattered background. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Thanks for joining us at IO Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous poinsettia and amazing background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing in the io challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your poinsettia is stunning! Love the range of colours in it, the spritz of sparkle, and the beads in the centre (something I must remember to try!). Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one delightful card Greta. I love the beautiful flower and the background is perfect for it!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, unusual but very beautiful poinsettia! I love your card. Thank you for sharing HLS CC
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the dimension on that flower. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy card! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a delicate feel to the flower in blue! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh! This poinsettia has left an impression on me! Swooning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.