Friday, January 22, 2016

Shades of Blue & Green

Hoping everyone in the path of the big winter storm is staying safe & warm & maybe enjoying a craft day!  Not to make you jealous, but somehow we're having 12 hours of Spring before the rain hits again & Fritz has had 2 sunbaths on the deck so far!
We need a card for a lady having knee replacement surgery & thought the beautiful color combo for the MFT Color Challenge would be perfect.  I don't have MFT inks or cardstock, so came as close as I could using PTI products.  The background is made using the MFT Concentric Circle stencil.  I inked the stencil with Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Spring Rain & Blueberry Sky, spritzed with water & laid my wc panel on top--one of my favorite ways to use a stencil.  I did add a light layer of Gesso around the edges & watercolored with the same inks to soften everything. Hard to tell I used 4 ink colors so I pulled out the matching cardstock & cut MFT Layered Rose & Layered Leaves plus Prima Donna Petals for the flower center.  All the pieces except the top layer of the leaves were brushed with Wink of Stella.  I stamped my old sentiment from Just For Fun in Brilliance Starlite Black. The final touch was splattering Heidi Swapp white Color Shine, even letting some go on the flower & leaves.  The mats are done by sponging the 2 darker inks on cardstock.  It gives a softer look than colored cardstock & ties in with the background.  I'm thinking this is close enough to enter the MFT Sketch challenge & I'm joining the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge. Thank you so much for stopping by.

25 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card Greta and the colours are lovely. I like the effect of the colour shine.

    I'm glad Fritz was able to enjoy some sunshine. What does he think of the rain. Our Maggy was a fine weather girl. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours for this card, love those flowers.
    We are at the other end of the spectrum here getting days up to 45 degrees (thats 115) stinking hot and Jake has been stealing my foot stool and laying on in it in front of the fan. The house is air conditioned thank goodness but the fan gives an additional boost for him as he has a wool coat like sheep have and even though he is shaved he is really feeling it. Poor bugger

    ReplyDelete
  3. You combined those colors beautifully Greta! You'd think I would be crafting on a snowy day...but its been watching the snow and napping today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy is this ever going to lift her spirits Greta! I love the subtle background and those pretty layered leaves. The pearl center in your flower is perfect. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving all the shades of blue on this lovely card, greta! your friend will definitely appreciate receiving this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Great. Beautiful shades of blue and green and I love the flowers.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always a lovely card Great and super colour choice.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the colours. Enjoy the warmth, it's quite chilly here. Happy Weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you for having a whole day of Spring. It's still very cold here but we aren't getting the snow like the east coast. This is a pretty card and those flowers are beautiful. I like the stencil you used and the soft shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty Greta! Love the beautiful background and fancy blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She will treasure this card, Greta! You did a stunning job with the inking, especially in these fave colors I love!! Enjoy the weekend and the sunshine! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the beautiful subtle background with the lovely bloom, simply beautiful, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So gorgeous is the background, Greta! Love the pretty colors of green and blue! And, the flower is just lovely! I'm sure the recipient of this card will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Greta!
    These colors make me think of Summer ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The subtle concentric circle pattern is amazing Greta, it's a very pretty card.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh such a pretty card Greta ... I'm sure she will love this ... you are so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is gorgeous. Greta! The background looks Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use of the color combo, Greta - just love the soft background and layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, this is simply beautiful, Greta!
    I love how you used the pretty colors.
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Greta, what a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your card is amazing--love the background. Thanks for sharing how you did it!

    Toni
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really gorgeous. You got all those colors to blend so wonderfully. I like how you repeated them again in the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the shades of blue and the stenciled background looks fab! Thank you for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.