Friday, June 17, 2016

Summer Camp!

I always loved summer camp as a kid, so I was happy to go to MFT Camp Create.  Day One's Creative Challenge is Glitzy Glitter--right up my alley--& the video is great! Easy decision of which MFT die to use--the wonderful Poinsettia.  
Elizabeth Craft glitter is my favorite--smooth & sparkly when burnished. I used Regal Red, Sweet Basil & Champagne. The sentiment is also from MFT. Think I'll make some more of these in different colors.  Yah--earned my first badge!
Print
I'm also entering Freshly Made Sketches.
I skipped day 2 for now--hope that doesn't put me in detention--haha.  Day Three's Creative Challenge is Wonderful Watercolor & there's another great video!  I pulled out my first MFT stamp set, Spring.  I've used the sentiment, but never the pretty branch.  
I stamped in PTI Classic Kraft & watercolored with my Zigs, which I also used for the splatters.  The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia & then I spritzed the panel with Shimmer Spritz.  I made a smooshed background & then a blended background--neither looked good. Finally realized it just needed to be a kraft card. 2nd Badge earned & hope I'll have a chance to get some more!
Print
I'm also entering AAA Cards, CropStop & Virginia's View Summer Challenge.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.

21 comments:

  1. I love the arty look to this watercolour card and it works perfectly with the Kraft. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Greta. Love that glittery poinsettia. And your second one is very elegant. I'm off to check out Summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work as always Greta.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Greta! Love the shimmery poinsettia and the soft muted colors on the second! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful cards Greta - happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. Your watercolor card is lovely. Thanks for sending me to camp. I remember what fun it was when I was a kid and I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to swim, horseback ride and craft this week away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are enjoying the camp Greta. The glitter is amazing! your watercor is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the look of your cards, you are having a blast at "camp", your cards are simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Detention? I think not; rather, straight to the top of the class with these stunning creations! The glimmer of the first...yummm! Your water-colouring, divinely delicate! Looks like you've having a great time at camp!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa I love that glitzy poinsettia! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that poinsettia is just gorgeous, greta!! wonderful set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are wonderful, Greta! First card is so pretty with the lovely poinsettia! And, second card is so soft and pretty with the water color! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've been busy Greta. So many lovely cards. Great take on Nicole's card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the sparkle on that pretty poinsettia and the pearl border! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sparkly poinsettia is beautiful Greta!! Love the pearls and stripes accents. The second card, soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Awesome job in both cards Greta! I especially love the sparkly Poinsettia! TFS and for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta, both cards are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your 2nd card is gorgeous and so soft...love it, Greta! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.