Monday, December 26, 2016

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge

Happy Day after Christmas everyone!  Fortunately, the weather cooperated & we drove to hubby's daughters' place. Actually, this was the first time we'd ever been with them on Christmas Day, so that was special.  She's a great cook & made a delicious meal.  My contribution was gingerbread with lemon sauce, which I hadn't made in several years.  I was relieved it came out good & everyone enjoyed it.  Both recipes are from the Betty Crocker cookbook my mom gave me when I graduated from college, so I always think of her when I use it.

This is PTI Blog Hop day & my card was made & mailed days ago. Intended to write the post then, too, but put it off.  Still looking for that Blog Writing Genie--haha!  The pretty inspiration photo actually made me think birthday, more than holiday, so that's what I made.  Loved the girly color scheme of green, yellow, blue & pink.  The wrapping papers have sort of a graphic look & made me think of PTI Background Basics: Medallions which I stamped in PTI Vintage Jadeite, Lemon Tart, Blueberry Sky & Pale Peony.  
I used my Mini MISTI to stamp the 2 words from PTI A Wreath for all Seasons in Blueberry Sky.  The 3 little gems are a pretty close match to the blue.  I really wanted some sparkle, but instead of using glitter glue, I heat embossed the frame around the circle window & the edges of the card with JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle--so pretty in real life.  I'm also entering SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday & Word Art Wednesday.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

24 comments:

  1. what a lovely card with a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic take on the inspiration photo, greta!! love the clean, simple design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty inspired card! love the background stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, colorful interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Greta...just love those stamps you used, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card with wonderful design and color!! Glad to hear you had a great time at your husband's daughter's!! And, Gingerbread with lemon sauce sounds delicious...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely card Greta! Such fun and beautiful "girlie" colors and love all the bling and sparkle too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta...that Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce brings back Christmas memories for me, too! Wish I'd thought of it!! Love your card and the pretty colors...sweet and simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful you got to spend Christmas day with family!! I'm sure wonderful memories were made. Love your fresh clean card Greta, awesome stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet one Greta! I haven't got the mood to go into my craft room yet! Still in holiday mood! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty card Greta, glad to hear that you had a lovely Christmas.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever to repeat the circle image of the medallions with your die cut! I'm not sure that I've seen the medallions set before. Your gingerbread with lemon sauce sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you were able to get to her home for Christmas. Ohhh, gingerbread and lemon sauce sounds wonderful and a great holiday treat. You are right about our temps - 66 yesterday and in the 30's this morning! There has been on rhyme or reason to our weather this year. Life is back to normal, laundry yesterday and today errands. I hope to start some card making soon. Your card today is just so sweet with those colors and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, you got it right. That photo is totally birthday-y. I like your happy card, perfect match for the photo.

    I tried to make a New Year's card today.... figured bright festive papers would be the way to go... Nope. It's totally a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a Merry Christmas and a great meal, Greta. Your dessert sounds delicious. Great interpretation of the photo for your sweet birthday card. You finished off beautifully with your embellishments. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely Birthday card, Greta. Those colors are sooo festive

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so pretty! and i love the subtle shimmer :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so pretty! Love the shimmer and design. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card Greta and your stamping is immaculate. I'm beginning to think I should invest in a Misti to increase my accuracy. Your lunch sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling card, love the repeated circles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very colorful and nice. Sorry for the late comment. I would like to invite you to link with us again for our first Challenge this year at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement found in 1 John 4:18-19 which tells us, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us." Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.