Friday, December 30, 2016

Valentines

I always think there's plenty of time to get Valentines made after the holidays, but then I'm scrambling at the last minute. Hurray--3 made before New Years Day!  
First is hubby's card made with SSS Highlight Frames die.  I'm entering SSS Flickr Challenge #61
I stacked the die cut 3 high, brushed with clear & red Spectrum Noir pens before inlaying it back into the black panel.  
Heidi Swapp alphabet stickers are used for the sentiment.  I'm also entering Word Art Wednesday.

Next is my card for Stamploration December Challenge using the sketch.
 
Pulled out the Hearts Tumbled Stencil, inked it with Versamark & embossed with Zing red glitter powder.  
The die cut edge is done with a PPP die & the AMuse sentiment is white embossed. I used a red gel pen & Diamond Glaze for the tiny heart.  The red metallic trim was part of a prize over a year ago & it matches the embossing powder perfectly!  I'm also entering Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge.
The last card is for the December Altenew Challenge using the beautiful color combo for the March challenge.  
I got the Majestic Bloom stamps & dies in the 50% off sale & couldn't wait to ink it up. The package included 6 Altenew inks so I used the Jet Black which stamped beautifully. Hopefully the PTI inks are close enough to the inspiration: Autumn Rose, Lavender Moon & Ocean Tides.  
The flower is heavily spritzed with Perfect Pearls--love that shimmer! The sentiment is from Altenew Painted Greetings & PPP Marshmallow sequins provide the embellishment for this card that will go to a friend. I'm also entering SSS Wednesday. Thanks so much for stopping by & enjoy your New Year's Celebration!

27 comments:

  1. Valentines already! Say it isn't so! I need to catch my breath after Christmas and it's 2017 in 6 hours! But I digress. Your cards are lovely. The crisp, clean lines of the "Love you" card are stunning, the tumbled hearts look cool and my favourite is the floral one. Fabulous stamp/die set and beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely creations Greta.

    Happy New Year and a crafty 2017.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes you are way ahead! I'm still coming to terms with Christmas! Gorgeous cards though Greta ... Guess you just have to go with your creativity and make whatever comes into your head! Have a wonderful evening and Happy New Year! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! I'm still recovering from Christmas. Having a slow day catching up on blog land. Your cards are really lovely. Enjoy your new year celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... you have been busy, greta!! I haven't made a thing in ages!! all three cards are just gorgeous, my friend... just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're three ahead of me on Valentines Greta!! These are all fantastic. The card for the hubs is perfect, not too frilly. I like the inlaid dies and sparkly heart. The second with the stenciled hearts is a winner for sure!! And your last card is beautiful. I love the bloom and the way you've colored it. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, it's nice to see Valentines :) Happy New Year, Wishing you all the best for 2017! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the shimmer on the heart in the first card. Still getting my head round christmas so your way out in front of me! Have a Happy New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Valentine cards, Greta! One can never work too far ahead for crafting...good for you! Very pretty card with the flower, too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you, leading the way for the rest of us into the next holiday! I'm impressed, Greta, and I love each one!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super collection of Valentine cards! Great take on the STAMPlorations sketch. I love your choice of black card - very elegant.
    Elaine (GDT STAMPlorations)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three fabulous cards. I saw the first one and my jaw dropped. I just love how you've used all that black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are simply fantastic! Happy 2017 Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...so many wonderful heart cards, so sweet Greta! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you are off the a great start with these lovely Valentine cards. The pink against the black is stunning. I can see why you were eager to use your new AltNew goodies. The flower image looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three stunning Valentine's cards Greta.

    Happy New Year to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card for hubby and the other two are so pretty. I love the border you did with the black cardstock. You are inspiring me to get busy. Valentine's Day alaways sneaks up on me. I think I have lots of time and then there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year Greta! All your cards are fabulous! Love the shimmery heart and fancy blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year my Dear Greta!
    Love them all! I haven't even had a moment to think about VDay ;-)
    The first one is striking by its elegance!
    HUgs~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Greta! They are all so elegant and your stencil work is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge & Happy New Year!
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not one but three gorgeous cards! Wow!!! LOVE the second one so much! Thank you much for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic valentine's cards! I wanted to make some at the end of the holidays but didn't feel the mojo hit for VD cards. Yours are great and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Three wonderful cards! I love the two valentine ones. The first one is so striking and the second is just just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just love all three cards, Greta! Your hubby will love his card - so great with the inlaid dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All these cards are beautiful! Sorry for the late comment. I would like to invite you to link with us again for our first Challenge this year at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement found in 1 John 4:18-19 which tells us, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us." Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.