Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Winter Hello & Christmas Card for Next Year

Funny how I never seem to get cards done ahead of time for monthly challenges, so here are 2 just before they close.
First up is my entry for Where Creativity Meets C9 & the theme is Winter. I picked up the C&9th stamp set called Flourish in a recent sale.  
Thought it'd be fun to use for a winter friendship card by using blues & silver--good color combo for winter.  The 3 layers of the bloom were stamped on Spellbinders Labels 1 die cuts using Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue, Sky Blue & Mediterranean Blue.  The 2 words from the set are stamped in the darkest blue which is also used to edge the die cuts.  I used the same 3 inks to splatter the card front before mounting the blooms with foam tape & adding blue & silver sequins.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday, SSS Work it Wednesday, & Word Art Wednesday.

Next is my entry for the Memory Box challenge, Outside the Box. Couldn't miss this one since I love metallics & that's the theme.  
I used one of my older MB dies, Woodland Branch, die cutting it twice from black cardstock & mounting it to a card die cut with AJVD Polka Dot Backdrop Rectangle.  The ornament is one of my newest MB purchases--Precious Ornaments.  I opened a roll of Heidi Swapp gold glitter tape & attached it to cardstock before die cutting the ornament.  I have several colors of the glitter tapes I got on sale--so beautiful & easy to use for smaller dies.  Not sure why I didn't open these rolls sooner!  The sentiment is from Penny Black's In a Pear Tree & is stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black.  Decided to keep it CAS & just added a gold dot.  I'm also entering Country View Challenges,  SSS Wednesday & SSS Work it Wednesday.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. For some reason I always think of silver and blue for January cards!! Must be the cold LOL!! Your is lovely. And the second with the gorgeous gold ornament ~ WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely lady! Oh I'm so glad to be back and able to come visit you! Thank you so much for leaving me messages so I know I wasn't forgotten ... You are so special! I love your creations and when I saw your gorgeous Fritz I was smitten! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Greta. I love the icy feel of the first and the gold decoration hanging from the branch is lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful set of cards, greta!! blue and silver is perfect for a winter design and you have nailed it with the first card! love the simple elegance of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipee!!!! Thanks for letting me know about the grab bag Greta! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Greta! The blues are so pretty and your gold oranment really shines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards Greta - the christmas CAS one is perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at CVC and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful cards...but your second one is amazing, love that beautiful gold ornament hanging with that tree branch! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Your ornament card is simple but STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty CAS cards with great design, Greta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two really gorgeous cards - both 'simple' and elegant and so much your style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those blues and silver are gorgeous. I also love the gold ornament. Both are great cards. Have a safe, healthy, crafty new year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two inspirational cards Greta. I'm a big fan of blue, but here in December, it's all about blue skies and the sea side. The Noel card is stunning! I'm in love with the sparkly gold and thanks for the tip with the gold glitter tape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards Greta! So elegant & the sparkle is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge & Happy New Year!
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you used the Concord & 9th flowers to make a frosty winter card! Thank you for playing along at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.