Thursday, May 4, 2017

Wonderful Friend

Wanted to make one more card for the W&W Color Challenge which is about to close.  
The black embossed bloom from In Bloom: Addie's Garden was fussy cut, as I don't have the dies.  I colored with Distress Markers by mixing dried marigold & worn lipstick to make the peach and dusty concord & festive berries to make the reddish purple. Then I painted with a small wet paintbrush.  I used a golden Stickles & black gem in the flower center & heavily brushed with Wink of Stella.  
The leaves were stamped in DI lucky clover, sponged with cracked pistachio & fussy cut.  The WP9 lattice die cut was sponged with the same 2 green inks.  The sentiment is from PTI Take Three Summer & I added 2 tiny black gems.  I'm also entering Dies R Us, Die Cut Divas & SSS Work it Wednesday.
winnie & walter blogGrab our Badge!YOUR BLOG NAMEworkitwedbanner
Next is my card for PTI MIM where the theme is Watercolor Wash Backgrounds.  I love emboss resist & knew that's what I wanted to do. Decided to give it a try with my Zig markers, so I used Bristol paper.  
Quilled Elegance is a beautiful set & worked great for the technique.  I used my new Mix & Mat  Flourishes die to cut the rectangle of little holes--such a neat look!  Wonderful Words Love was die cut from self-adhesive fun foam & covered with Elizabeth Craft Cool Highlight glitter.  
The sentiment is from Counting My Blessings & clear Nuvo Drops finish it off.  I'm also entering Allsorts & CCCB.  Love how so many people are staging their cards, so thought I'd try using one of my grandmother's Haviland plates as a backdrop. Need to practice getting the angle right, but kind of fun to do something a little different. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Grab our logoTake it, it's yours

21 comments:

  1. Both of your pretty card fit nicely into our 'Embossing' theme Greta, I adore the stylish look of the first and the second is so soft and delicate, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The four colors you chose blend together beautifully. This is so pretty. The Love die is very cool. I can barely get a good picture with my little camera let alone stage. That plate is awesome and how wonderful that you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Greta! I really love your MIM card...how perfect was Quilled Elegance for the background embossing?! I don't think I've used that set in years and now I think I need to pull it out!! Thanks for the inspiration!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH LOVELY CARDS, GRETA! I LOVE the pastels! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, fabulous cards. The second grabs my heart...and I am not usually a pastel person...I love bold colors. Maybe it's your photo staging, so pretty on that plate. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastel day for you with your softly colored cards! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such elegant cards and lovely the soft colours you've used on both of your cards. The resist technique is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful set of cards, greta!! the flower on the first one is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two amazing card Greta, sure love the colours too. The lattice die is so pretty with the stamp and I adore your second card. The 'holes' look fabulous. Did you find that stamp [hero arts].
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful cards Greta. Just love the second one. The colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both lovely cards! Love the watercolor wash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both beautiful Greta!! I like your lattice with the pretty inking you added. Your PTI MIM card is fantastic, such a pretty design!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards,Greta!Love these pastel colors :) Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Greta! Just came to admire your MIM card and it is so pretty! Love the bright pastel shades you achieved with the Zig markers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are very lovely! Love the sparkle detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are beautiful, Greta, but I really love how you used pastel Zigs for your watercolor wash and emboss resist. The lattice background is perfect for your sparkly bloom on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two lovely cards today. The lattice works beautifully with the fussy cut flower on the first one and I love the little holes on the second one. Gorgeous colours too with a hint of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta I am drooling over this. Your cards are stunnign and I LOVE your take on our theme. That background is colourful and stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Always good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the die you used and all the beautiful sparkle on the card Greta! Thanks for joining the Die Cut Diva's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.