Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Truly CAS

I received a couple of wonderful Christmas cards that are truly CAS--lots of space with no image.  It's amazing how appealing this type of card can be, so I gave it a try.  My white space is actually green. 
I also have some white white space if the tiny black splatters don't count.  In the strictest definition, the splatters DO count, but I love what they add to my card.  This is my entry for WCMC9 using the Love You, Mean It stamp set that was a gift from a blogging friend.  I stamped the little stem in PTI New Leaf using first & second generation stamping.  The sentiment from the same set was stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black.  I really think it's the best black ink for sentiments as I don't even have to use my stamp positioner--one inking does it!  Originally I planned to add some of the little flowers, but left them off so this can be for hubby who likes green.  I debated about popping up the panel, but keeping it flat seemed to fit with the feel of this card.  Love having cardstock that matches the PTI inks.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday, The House that Stamps Built & WAW.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
Repeat Impressions logoGrab our badge:

19 comments:

  1. Hi Greta i think your card looks amazing i love the style,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Just so right in every way for a CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum-Yum, Greta! You know I could eat this with a spoon, I love it so much!! And your splatters are so wee, they really don't count, do they? They look like that awesome paper with the built-in splatters we could get at the turn of the century. Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your delicate sprig, Greta - great CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the prettiest little CAS card Greta! Love all of your white/green space and those little leafy sprigs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those splatters look like they could be in the paper, I LOVE the green and white and the very CAS style, it's Beautiful.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful CAS card, Greta. Green is my favourite colour! Happy Holidays, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this bright green and the simplicity of this card. Sending you warm wishes for a healthy, crafty new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, just lovely in green, Greta! CAS perfection! Your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous clean and simple design, greta!! you absolutely nailed it, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Greta... The simplicity shows of the sentiment which is the important part. How I wish you could be here too... I am blessed to have you as my friend and blog sister... I will email you as soon as I can after surgery just to let you know I am ok. Big hugs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta,
    Fabulous card, I love CAS...took me awhile to get there but they really do have an impact. I bet Steve will love its design as well but maybe not quite as much as the sentiment. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta this is perfection in CAS. I LOVE CAS cards and your card is a perfect example. Subtle leaf stamping and the sentiment really stands out. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this simple but sweet and elegant design, Greta, and that shade of green is so appealing! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CAS cards and white (green!) space is always so hard for me, but you've made both look so lovely!
    So happy you have you join us over at The House That Stamps Built this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this, perfect CAS design and the subtle black specks are PERFECT.
    Hope you are well my lovely. Sending hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at that - I am still commenting on last year's posts, sheeeesh! Will I ever catch up? Anyway I didn't want to miss letting you know that I adore this sweet CAS card! The wide, green frame and the branches in different shades of green are lovely!
    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is CAS perfection if you ask me!! : )Those little branches accent the sentiment perfectly along with those black splatters. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.